Jan 9, 2011

The Concept of 'Me' Time

Work has consumed all the time in my life. I've been busy, but surprisingly I've kind of enjoyed it. Whatever leisure time I get has been translated into sleeping time because at the end of the day I'm exhausted and can't bring myself to do anything else.
But I really miss 'me' time. I personally feel that 'me' time is something everyone should have daily for atleast 15 to 30 minutes. If that's not possible, you can translate a weekend/ holiday into a 'me' day. It's pure bliss, I tell you! 'Me' time is a concept I vouch for. 

But what is it?

'Me' time can include any activity that makes you happy- be it a hobby, idleness, putting thoughts on paper, being pampered (or pampering oneself), etc. The focus should be on personal fulfillment or pleasure. Your thoughts and feelings should hold centre stage. ( it is okay to be selfish once in a while)You will be lost from this world and all your worries will be left behind. The point is that you should have a good time, feel peaceful and emerge refreshed at the end of  'me' time. It will lead to an increase in your productivity and happiness levels.

Today has been a 'me' day for me. It has been a welcome respite from the daily grind of my life.
I have enjoyed it to the hilt! An important outcome of  'me' day are my New Year Resolutions for 2011. I know I may be one of the last persons to make resolutions this year, but better late than never! 
I hope and pray that I can achieve them. I'm willing to make efforts in that direction.

Thanks to 'me' time :)

2 comments:

bhargavi said...

nice deeps continue bloggingfrom ur ardent fan :P

Deepz said...

Thank you Bhargo :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...