Aug 8, 2010

Vacation Diary

Hi!
There's no better time of the year than the summer holidays.Who doesn't want to take a little (or big)vacation and chill out for a while?


That's exactly what I did. after completing my MBA course in Chennai,the next step was a JOB. But I decided that before taking up a job,I needed a break!After 18years of education,I wanted to relax before moving to the next phase of life.So, i came straight home to Visakhapatnam.I've been home for two and a half months now and I've had loads of fun.
I incorporated some ideas to help me spend my leisure time.Some were girly, some practical and some downright silly, but nevertheless, they were enjoyable.
The things I did:

Got a license: I applied for a car driving learners license which seemed a practical option. I practiced driving daily and will take the test soon.

Had a haircut: Summer season made my hair unmanageable.So I opted for a new haircut. 

Cleaned my room:  My room was quite messy and boring, so i thoroughly cleaned it up and decorated it a bit. 



Organized my wardrobe: My cupboard was overflowing with clothes, so I decided to organize my stuff. I divided clothes into 'frequently used', 'rarely used' and 'never used'.I donated 'never used' stuff to my maid's daughters. 

Borrowed books: Instead of buying new books, I borrowed books from my friends. I spent time reading a lot of nice books. 

Started blogging:I started my own blog..finally!After months of postponing, doing it was a feel good factor.

Watched sitcom re-runs: I watched ALL the seasons of  F.R.I.E.N.D.S once again and laughed out loud. 

Pampered myself: I pampered myself at home by doing self manicures and pedicures as well as home made beauty treatments. 

Slogged a little: Household chores were a great way to exercise, plus I scored some brownie points with my mom!  

Updated my resume: Since I will need an impressive resume to get a good job, I updated and designed a new resume. 

Shopaholic: I visited all the new malls in my city.Some window shopping coupled with actual shopping ensured that I had a blast. 

Multiplex mania: I watched a few movies at Vizag's new INOX theatres. 'Inception' was one film I totally enjoyed. 

Internet addict:I surfed the net for hours on end. While I was at it, I also updated my Facebook status regularly. 

Idle hours: I ate , slept, listened to music and was basically just a couch potato.

All in all, I had fun, since I realized that I may never get back this time in future.
Only a few days of my vacation remain, but I'm glad that it has been one of the BEST vacations of my life!

(Image courtesy: Google Images)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ha ... ha ... Don't worry , you will have good time in future than this vacation.
- Bala

nknown said...

Hmmmm I am jealous of u. Didnt get an opportunity like this for me. Hope i ll also have a gud time in future as bala is sayin;)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...